Marketing Engineering for Excel
Operating System Requirements: Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 (see "Student Access" below for solution for Mac users)
Additional Software Requirements: Microsoft Excel XP, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013
Intended Audience: Undergraduate or Graduate level business school students with minimal background or technical training.
Retail Price: $500.00 (12 month license), $1,500.00 (permanent license)
Academic Student Price: $45.00 (6 month license) / $60.00 (12 month license) / $90.00 (24 month license)
Universities may purchase volume licenses at an additional discount below Academic Student Pricing. See "Student Access" below for more details.
About the Software
The Marketing Engineering for Excel software package enables students to gain hands-on experience in applying the analytical marketing concepts discussed in the Principles of Marketing Engineering book. When used with our business cases, students apply the concepts learned in the books to real world situations by running analysis on case data and interpreting output to answer business specific questions.
When taken beyond the classroom, our software package provides tools to help address most of the common marketing problems: Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning (STP); New Product Decisions; Sales Forecasting; Advertising and Communication Decisions; Salesforce and Channel Decisions; Pricing; and Sales Promotion Decisions.
The software is built as an Excel Add-In to simplify use while increasing flexibility.
- Access software through familiar Excel interface
- Tutorials and sample data sets to learn basic software operations
- Built-in context-sensitive help
- Automatic cell selection during analysis when using our templates
- Instructors are not limited to our business cases and data sets
- "Create a Template" option enables students to specify the features of the data set and have a table created with data entry indicators
- Instructors may provide their own data or have students gather real world data to complete an analysis
Marketing Engineering Models
Marketing Engineering for Excel includes the following software models. Each model includes a tutorial to demonstrate software usage and at least one business case to demonstrate model usage in a real world scenario.
- Bass Forecasting
- The Bass diffusion model is used to forecast the sales of a new product or service that has no close competitors. Learn More...
- The Conjoint Analysis model is a procedure for measuring, analyzing, and predicting customers' responses to new products and to new features of existing products. Learn More...
- Customer Choice
- The Customer Choice (Logit) model is an individual-level response model that helps to analyze and explain the choices individual customers make in the market. Learn More...
- Customer Lifetime Value
- Customer Lifetime Value (CLV) is a metric of a customer's value to the organization over the entire history of the relationship. Learn More...
- GE/McKinsey Portfolio Matrix
- The GE Portfolio approach evaluates a business on the basis of two composite dimensions: industry attractiveness and business strength. Learn More...
- Positioning / Perceptual Mapping
- Perceptual-mapping helps firms to understand how customers view their product(s) relative to competitive products. Learn More...
- The Pricing model. Learn More...
- Resource Allocation
- Resource Allocation helps optimize resource sizing and resource allocations across segments, products, channels, etc. Learn More...
- Segmentation and Targeting
- Segmentation is the process of classifying customers into homogenous groups (segments) such that each group of customers shares enough characteristics in common to make it viable for the firm to design specific offerings or products for selected segments. Learn More...
Student Access to Software
DecisionPro provides academic subscriptions to its software at an 85% discount from the regular professional license. If you would like to give your students hands-on experience with the Marketing Engineering for Excel software, visit the Get Software for Students page for more details.
The following instructor resources are available to assist instructors in learning Marketing Engineering for Excel software:
- Archived Webinars - DecisionPro has archived instructor webinars available to assist instructors in learning the Marketing Engineering concepts and software usage for most models.
- Business Case Solutions - DecisionPro has case solutions for the business cases that accompany the software. Some cases also include a video solution.