Marketing Engineering for Excel v2.0.5 Now Available for Academic Users
Version 2.0.5 is available now for our academic community and includes a number of enhancements which are detailed below:
- Customer Lifetime Value – the model has been enhanced for better performance and the correction of some recently discovered calculation errors. Additionally, both the Transactional and Contractual model types have been enhanced to better apply marketing costs to the appropriate period and customer base.
- Conjoint – the model has been enhanced to better display results when optimized for either revenue or market share. Better diagnostics and error messages are included along with minor bug corrections. A revised tutorial is included to better explain optimization for revenue.
- Positioning – the 3D interactive display has been enhanced to better select the optimal display resolution for the user’s hardware.
- Error Handling – We have added enhanced error handling during Marketing Engineering installation: common errors that occur in licensing/activation will now inform the user of the probable cause of the error.
To update your software:
- Download version 2.0.5 from the Download Area (you must be logged into your instructor or student account).
- Unistall the previous version from your computer by going to Start -> Control Panel -> Programs -> Select Marketing Engineering for Excel -> Uninstall.
- Install version 2.0.5. Your license (provided that your previous version was version 2.0.x) should continue to operate as normal.
Marketing Engineering for Excel Version 1 End of Support
All Version 1 releases will no longer be available for download or purchase after July 1, 2014. The last release version in the series 1 line is V1.7.1.
All support for Version 1 software releases will end on July 1, 2015. Instructors are encouraged to take advantage of the new models, cases and features included with Version 2. Instructors who are not able to migrate to Version 2 for the academic year 2014-2015 will still be supported, but such support will be limited to problem circumvention only. We do not anticipate additional software releases for Version 1.