As a Marketing Engineering for Excel (MEXL) instructor please be aware that DecisionPro is discontinuing the ME Cloud service, effective July 1, 2021. This action may impact you and your future students. Instructors who continue to use MEXL after his date will have limited options available to enrolled students who use Apple Mac or Chromebook computers.
We hope you know of DecisionPro's new Enginius platform. We developed Enginius in response to several issues:
- The continued evolution of Microsoft's Windows and Office products that requires substantial development investment with minimal added value to the MEXL user experience.
- The increased presence of Apple Mac and Chromebook users on college campuses for whom ME Cloud was delivering an increasingly inadequate user-experience.
- The demand from instructors for a customized offering which MEXL, an "all or none" package, could not deliver.
Enginius addresses the above issues and allows us to more easily introduce new models, cases and features in a timely manner. If you are not familiar with Enginius, we encourage you to view this short video https://www.enginius.biz/index.php/quick-tour/.
What are my other options?
While we will continue to offer MEXL, our support ability is limited. MEXL is not undergoing any further development and we cannot predict when a Windows or Excel update might render the software unusable. While we will continue to make reasonable efforts to support MEXL users, we foresee a time when MEXL will also need to be fully retired.
If you decide to continue to use MEXL after July 1, 2021, you will need to make accommodations for Mac and Chromebook users. Here are some choices to consider:
- Have Mac and Chromebook students subscribe to an Enginius license (same cost as MEXL) and recognize that the outputs and formats from MEXL and Enginius, though similar, will not be identical.
- If the college has a computer lab available with Windows machines, we can provision complimentary licenses for that lab for Mac and Chromebook users.
- Have Mac and Chromebook students partner with a student who has a Windows computer.
As a reminder: Enginius is 100% online and does not require any installation or add-in. All teaching resources and marketing models on the Enginius website are freely available to registered instructors. As an instructor, you are free to use Enginius for demonstration purpose and show-and-tell in your (virtual) classroom, free of charge. You only need to purchase a university license (or have your students purchase licenses themselves) if you assign one of our 30+ case studies to your students.